Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Colby turns one!!!

Colby has been a blessing in our lives. He turned my world upside down. Before I found out we were pregnant with him two months earlier I signed a contract for a job working as a special ed. teacher. I was excited to get out and teach but then about two weeks into the school year, I found out we were expecting a baby and at first, I was not excited because everything was going to change eventually and we had just done the change thing. Although it was hard to accept Heavenly Father's will in my life and my family's life, it was the best thing for us. Neal found a job about 2 months before i was supposed to have Colby and that was a real blessing to us so that I would be able to be home. when he came I was immediately in love. I was ready to leave work so I could stay home with my now two great kids. Fast forward to now, I would never of met the people I have or had the experiences I have if it wasn't for the wonderful little man in my life. Without further ado, there are the pictures of his birthday party we did for him at home. We had a birthday lunch of french fries, green beans and fish sticks. He seemed to enjoy it all. we opened presents and had cake and ice cream. We are also having a party for him on the 13th with friends and family at the park. Happy Birthday Colby!!!Your family loves you so much and so excited for the next year and all that you will become. WIll post pictures from the party on saturday too. Stay tuned.

 Here he is all clean and ready for breakfast and a full day of birthday fun.
 Also on your birthday, we do a birthday waffle breakfast and we did them blue since he likes blue. We sure enjoyed them.
 We also had a great birthday snack of animal crackers. We all are loving those. These are his gifts we got him and they were some plastic trucks and dinosaur figures and books and a ball. He had lots of fun.
 What I did for his cake was I made a standard 9x13 cake and then cut it into a rounded cake and neal and i worked on it together. We had a lot of fun. When it came time to sing, we just gave him the entire cake minus one piece for everyone first. As you can see he loved it.

 It is not a first birthday if it doesn't get in your hair right? Great shot...

Here is aubrey enjoying her cake and icecream too.

No comments:

Post a Comment